Click Here For My Website

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

5 Star review for the new book!

From Readers' Favorite!


Reviewed By Jessyca Garcia for Readers’ Favorite

I thought Barbara J Morgan’s One Night at the Shelter was a very cute, funny book. After the workers at the animal shelter go home for the evening, it is time for the animals to play. They come out of their cages and have a party. They eat, play games, and even take a few selfies. 

The first thing I noticed about One Night at the Shelter was how polite the animals were to each other. The cats got along with the dogs and they all helped each other out. I have often thought that animals behave differently when there are no humans around. Morgan just confirmed my suspicion of this. With this story, Morgan also gave me a reason why my dog is always tired. It must be because she has a party every time I leave.

The book is pretty easy to read and will be great for younger children. I read this book with my daughter and she really enjoyed seeing the animals doing all the silly things in the pictures. Her favorite picture was of Taco the Tiger Cat sweeping the floor. My favorite part of the story was when the animals were taking selfies. I love that this book features many different animals at the shelter, even a chicken. It is a good reminder to people that there are animals at your local shelter who need a forever home. I think that this would be a great book to have in a vet’s office.

No comments:

Post a Comment